Our Workforce Advancement Program is available for individuals who have a large gap in their employment history, are looking to change career fields, or need new skills to join the workforce. This program is offered onsite at 5766 N. Lincoln Ave, 4S, Chicago, IL - 60659 and offsite. Participants will be directed to a training website that they will use throughout the program the access educational employment exercises, lessons and quizzes. Participants will follow-up this offsite training through our 2 onsite Sessions. The onsite sessions are scheduled on Saturdays, as a convenience to participants.
• 2 weeks of onsite and offsite employment skills development sessions
• Opportunity to test for City and State Competitive Careers
• Our Program is designed for the individual who wants to make a real change in their
lives. Individuals must be committed to the program for two weeks.
• For those who complete the program, achieving their goals is very possible!
FOR CLIENTS WHO HAVE SKILLS AND ONLY NEED HELP TO FIND A NEW JOB IN THEIR FIELD, OUR PROGRAM HAS SEVERAL DIFFERENT OPTIONS:
Saturdays from 10:00 AM 12:00 PM are for Onsite Employment Workshops and Employment Readiness We will work clients one-on-one and in a group setting to improve their resumes, look for jobs online, and assist with completing job applications.
• Employment Goals: Great Expectations
• Effective Resume and Cover Letter Writing
• Interviewing Skills
• Workplace Communication
• Job Searching Techniques
• Application Assistance and Counseling with CMS Management (City and State Workforce)
• City Jobs Examination Preparation and Training
• Resume & cover Letters – Onsite and Online: The participants will review the importance of
the resume and what it should contain and of the importance of cover letters and when to use them.
• Transferable Skills – Through structured exercises, participants identify their transferable
skill sets. Participants focus on the area of strength and competence.
• Interview Skills – Participants will role-play answering sample behavioral interview questions
from different sources and work through questionnaires regarding interviewing techniques.
• Mock Interviews – Participants will have the opportunity to be interviewed by one of our staff members.
JOB SEARCH WHICH WILL HELP OUR CLIENTS REACHES ECONOMIC INDEPENDENCE
• Job Search Techniques – participants will explore various ways to access job searching
techniques through our resources to gain information on types of positions available.
• Job Retention – Participants will be educated on the ways of retaining employment. With a
focus on incorporating the life skills, computer training, self- discovery, pre-employment preparation
and job search.